Conroe Arts District
Experience Conroe's vibrant arts scene. From live production theatre in two theatres - The Historic Crighton Theatre and The Owen Theatre, Conroe Art League, Conroe Symphony Orchestra, Campobella Bronze Sculpture and more. Dining, drinks, shopping, live music… you’ll find it all in Downtown Conroe.
Downtown Conroe comes alive with various annual festivals throughout the year.
The Greater Conroe Arts Festival in March draws 5,000 people with a wide range of arts including visual arts, musical performances, live theatre, literary arts and more,
Conroe Kidzfest arrives on the last Saturday in April and fills the streets of downtown with children of all ages. This family friendly, one-day event sees approximately 15,000 patrons as they play educational games, create works of art and learn about animals all at no cost.
The Conroe Cajun Catfish Festival has been an October favorite for over 30 years. The three-day festival draws 30,000 people with live music on multiple stages, kids rides, an arts corner and food trucks featuring Cajun cuisine.
Other events and festivals include:
- February: Conroe Go Texan Parade, kick-off to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
- March: Young Texas Artists, State of Texas Classical Musical Competition 500 attendees.
- March: Conroe Art League National Invitational, 2016, draws over 650 entries from 40+ states.
- April: Conroe Crossroads Music Festival, - 40 acts, 4 days, 8 venues and 3,500 attendees.
- April through September: Thursday Concert Series - Free concert at Heritage Place.
- November: Faithfest Miracle City Music Festival, 2013, held in Heritage Place Park.
- December: Conroe Christmas, 2018, tree lighting, parade, street fair, 4,000 attendees
- Year-Round: Main Street Market, 2018, Held every Saturday morning. Up to 3,000 attendees.
Planning a trip to Downtown? Here is a layout listing our favorite venues.
"All art should inspire and evoke emotion. Art should be something you can actually feel." - Chris DeRubeis