In December 2018, Conroe became the 7th Texas City to be designated as a Texas Music Friendly Community by the Texas Music Office, Office of the Governor. In order to receive this designation, Conroe completed the following requirements:
- Host a music-friendly community workshop
- Establish a City/County/Region Music Office liaison, who can respond to constituent questions
- Register with the Texas Music Office’s Texas Music Industry Directory
- Demonstration of partnerships with the community's music-related 501c3 nonprofits in order to foster community development.
- Collaboration with music education programs, including area college or university music schools.